I am constantly struggling with anxiety and accepting myself as I am. For my whole life so far I have tried to please everyone, sometimes even if that would mean not to please myself.
But just recently I started realizing my frustration it is not about the world being unfair, or the people being mean. Each person is responsible for their own path and they do not owe you anything. It is all about how you handle your own emotions and reactions. This is what makes one happy or unhappy, not the external world.

Once I realized that, I decided to start working towards becoming a better me. Improving my reactions to situations I perceive as "negative" so I don't leave it affect it me that much.

That's why I decided to start this blog. I want to focus on my leanings instead of on what goes wrong. I truly believe if we manage to shift the focus to the positive aspects rather than the negative, even in situations which are not pleasant, the outcome can me rather enriching.

So, let's get it started :)

First lesson: patience and gratitude. This morning I went to the Philippines Post Office, which can be one of the most frustrating experiences one can have. I have been there twice and each time I get more surprised by how the processes can be over complicated over there. But that's something I cannot change unless I manage to take over Process Management for governmental offices, what won't happen at all.
So... the approach I am trying to use to handle frustration is: 1) Focus on the facts, not on emotions; 2) Try to be positive and get the best outcome out of a negative situation.

This is what I did. I handled the over-one-hour process (which includes queuing several times, taking copies of your id, going back and forth to multiple counters, signing a pile of papers to get a small package, paying exorbitant fees and having to deal with some really unfriendly personal) with a smile in my face.
Facts: It takes ages and I know. The process is complicated, but I have to comply to it if I want my package. So let's chill as there is nothing to do.
Positive attitude: I smiled at the angry lady who was printing the tracking code of my parcel. She never even looked at my face but at least I felt like I was immune to her negative posture. I paid all the annoying taxes and felt really thankful for having a job and being able to do so. And for not having to handle that inefficient process the whole day, for 8 hours a day :)
At least I came to work with my heart at peace. 

Comentários